Build your professional confidence. Understand how communication works, and discover how to design and plan winning campaigns.
Studying for the CIPR Professional PR Certificate is a great way to develop your skills or gain a solid introduction to public relations. You will learn from experienced practitioners and study alongside others working in PR. We’re the largest centre for the CIPR Professional PR Certificate and you can study with us face to face at Makini College in Nairobi.
You will gain a solid grounding in all the key concepts, techniques and skills needed to develop effectively as a PR practitioner. It is a qualification in its own right, but also prepares you for the CIPR Diploma.
The syllabus is taught and assessed at the same level as a Foundation degree.
- PR and its role in the organisation
- PR and communication theory
- PR planning and tactics
- writing skills
- media relations
- management skills and professional practice.
- Critical Reasoning Test – 2 essays of 1,500 words each
- Planning Assignment – campaign plan (2,000 words) plus supporting writing tasks (800 words)
- Critique – 3,000 words
- CIPR Foundation Award
- any UK recognised degree, or equivalent
- 2 years' relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English Language.