Get the practical know-how, skills and confidence to work more effectively.
This level helps maintain your organisation’s public image and enhance your knowledge of PR theory and practice. This course is popular with professionals and with recent graduates entering public relations, this course offers you a thorough grounding in public relations theory and practice, making it the ideal springboard to professional advancement.
You will gain a solid grounding in all the key concepts, techniques and skills needed to develop effectively as a PR practitioner. It is a qualification in its own right, but also prepares you for the CIPR Diploma.
The syllabus is taught and assessed at the same level as a Foundation degree.
- PR and its role in the organisation
- PR and communication theory
- PR planning and tactics
- writing skills
- media relations
- management skills and professional practice.
- Critical Reasoning Test – 2 essays of 1,500 words each
- Planning Assignment – campaign plan (2,000 words) plus supporting writing tasks (800 words)
- Critique – 3,000 words
- CIPR Foundation Award
- any UK recognised degree, or equivalent
- 2 years' relevant full-time employment in public relations (or related sectors, e.g. marketing, journalism) and 5 GCSEs at grade C or above, 1 of which must be in the English Language.